Trademark in Myanmar
FILING TRADEMARKS IN MYANMAR
Please kindly provide Tran & Tran with following information
- Name, address and nationality of the applicant
- Descriptions of trademark including meaning, colors claimed, translation or transliteration of characters into English if the mark contains foreign characters
- List of goods/services for the trademark and if possible, class(es) of the respective goods/services according to the International Classification
Please kindly help fulfill following documents for filing process
- A Special Power of Attorney, which is duly notarized, authenticated and endorsed by the Myanmar Embassy/Myanmar Consulate or Representative of the Government of the Union of Myanmar in the applicant country
- A Declaration of Ownership, which is signed by who had signed the Special Power of Attorney in item 1
- Eight specimens of the trademark (with the size not larger than 80mm x 80mm and not smaller than 15mm x 15mm);
- Certified priority documents for claiming priority (if any).
Please kindly be reminded that
- Multi-class application is accepted in Myanmar;
- It usually takes 04 – 06 weeks from the filing date for a Trademark Registration Certificate to be granted in Myanmar
- Renewal of trademark registration is usually done once every 03 years
- In Myanmar, since there has been no specific trademark law so far, right after completion of the trademark registration, it is strongly recommended to follow the Cautionary Notice in the local newspaper in order to have public awareness of the ownership of the trademark and warn any potential infringement in case of trademark conflict problem although it is neither compulsory nor stipulated by any law.