Trademark in laos
FILING TRADEMARKS IN LAOS
Please kindly provide Tran & Tran with following information
- Name, address and nationality of the applicant
- Descriptions of trademark including meaning, colors claimed, translation or transliteration of characters into English if the mark contains foreign characters
- List of goods/services for the trademark and if possible, class(es) of the respective goods/services according to the Nice International Classification
- If you claim for priority, please kindly provide details of application number, filing date and country where such earlier application was filed.
Please kindly help fulfill following documents for filing process
- Notarized Power of Attorney (see our template in MS Word or PDF)
- Certified copy of priority application and its English translation (if any)
- Twenty specimens of the mark (size within 8cm x 8cm).
Please kindly be reminded that
- A trademark application can cover only one class
- It usually takes 5-6 months from the filing date to obtain a Trademark Registration Certificate in Laos
- The validity of a Trademark Registration Certificate is 10 years from the filing date. Trademark registration is renewable for unlimited times, every 10 years
- The trademark owner will be obliged to use the trademark in Laos. If the trademark is not used for five consecutive years without any valid reason, its registration may be cancelled.