Website đang trong giao đoạn bảo trì nâng cấp
Patent in Laos
FILING INVENTIONS OR PETTY INVENTIONS IN LAOS
Please kindly provide Tran & Tran with following information
- Name, address and nationality of the applicant
- Name, address and nationality of the inventor
- Title of the invention/petty invention
- Country, application number and filing date of the original foreign application from which priority is claimed in case of priority application
- International filing number and filing date in case of PCT application.
Please kindly help fulfill following documents for filing process
- Notarized Power of Attorney (see our template in MS Word or PDF)
- Notarized Deed of Assignment (see our template in MS Word or PDF) if the applicant is not the inventor
- Specifications of the invention/petty invention including the title, description, claims, abstract and drawings (if any) in English
- Attachment of a Search Report, which is issued by any patent examination body in a foreign country or by a relevant international organization and may be under the consideration of the Registration Unit. If you cannot submit the Search Report, you have to be charged by Registration Unit for them to coordinate with a patent examination body in a foreign country or relevant international organization to search
If some documents are not available when filing, it can be supplemented and fulfilled not later than 90 days from the filing date.
Please be reminded that
- It is possible to claim priority under Paris Convention, which takes 12 months from the first filing date
- It takes respectively 50 months and 12 months from the filing date for a Patent and a Petty Patent to be granted
- The validity term of a Patent is 20 years and that for a Petty Patent is 7 years from the filing date.