Industrial Design in Cambodia
FILING INDUSTRIAL DESIGNS IN CAMBODIA
Please kindly provide Tran & Tran with following information:
- Name, address and nationality of the applicant
- Name, address and nationality of the designer
- Title of the design
- Indication of the kind of products for which the industrial design is used
- International Classification of the design
- Country/office, application number, filing date and the international classification of industrial design of the original foreign application from which priority is claimed in case of priority application.
Please kindly help fulfill following documents for filing process
- Notarized Power of Attorney (see our template in MS Word or PDF). A copy of Power of Attorney can be accepted at the filing time but the original Power of Attorney will be needed not later than 02 months from the date of filing. If Power of Attorney is not available upon initial filing, the fee for late submitting the document will be charged by the Registrar
- Five sets of drawings or photographs, tracings or any other adequate graphic representations showing the different views to illustrate the industrial design. The drawings/photographs should be made in the same scale and shall not exceed 10cm x 20cm. Such representations, drawings or tracings in black ink shall be affixed on four sheets of cardboard of A4 size. A specimen of the article embodying the industrial design, where the industrial design is two-dimensional, can be provided. The specimen size shall not exceed 20cm x 20xm x 20cm.
- Certified copy of priority documents and English translation thereof in case of priority application under the Paris Convention. Such documents can be fulfilled not later than 03 months from the filing date.
Please kindly be reminded that:
- For the initial filing, the application and related documents in English are acceptable, but the Khmer version thereof is required to be submitted within 06 months from the filing date
- If the application and documents are in Khmer or in languages other than English, it must be translated into English for the purpose of searching and examination, and must be submitted to the Registrar within 06 months from the filling date
- In case of priority application, if the number of the priority application is not known upon initial filing, it must be fulfilled not later than 03 months from the priority date
- If a symbol of the international industrial design classification has not been allocated to the priority application, or has not been allocated at the time of filing the declaration of claiming priority, the applicant shall state this fact in the said declaration and shall communicate such symbol as soon as it has been allocated.
- The validity term of an industrial design is 05 years from the filing date and it can be for another further consecutive periods of 05 years
- The renewal of the registration of an Industrial Design may be made by the registered owner or his agent not later than 06 months prior to the expiry date of the registration. A prescribed surcharged on top of normal renewal fee will be charged for renewal application later than above mentioned deadline and within the grace period of 06 months
- A certificate of renewal issued by the Registrar to design owner shall contain
- The registration number of the Industrial Design
- The date of renewal and the date of expiry
- The name and address of the registered owner
- An indication of the kind of products for which the industrial design has been registered.